During the Covid-19 Shelter in Place time, students are now asked to all transition to online lessons. As a result, it is important for students to take the following inventory what you already have and what you may need:
Here is the recommended list:
- Determine what devices you have available: computer, laptop, ipad (I would not recommend using iphone because of its small size)
- Have Zoom on all your devices Make sure it's updated. https://zoom.us/download?zcid=1231
- Internet Midi: https://timewarptech.com/shop/music-software-apps/software/internet-midi/?v=7516fd43adaa (use the sale coupon : distance 2020 for 50% off) This is optional
- Classroom Maestro: (Optional) https://timewarptech.com/shop/music-software-apps/software/classroom-maestro/?v=7516fd43adaa
- Sproutbeat: download app on ipad....I will give you complimentary subscription and provide username and password later (online theory worksheets)
- forscore: download on your ipad to store music digital music
- Flashnote: Download on ipad ---notereading games
- Device stand
- Webcam for computer
- Electronic Keyboard with 88 keys that have Midi connection (If you have a piano...that's o.k. too)
- For Young Beginners: piano seat cushion
- First trial lesson is free.
- Rates are given at the beginning of first interview for new students
- Rates are subject to change and renewal at the beginning of each Fall Semester for current students.
- Rates may also be negotiable if a student qualifies to enroll in the music link foundation. (visit www.musiclinkfoundation.org for more information)
- Tuition is due no later than after the second lesson from the time students begin lessons for each semester. Installment payment plan option is offered.
- Books, materials, evaluation, audition, competition, festival, non-studio recitals, master classes, etc. fees will be billed as they occur.
- Late payments or returned checks will subject to a $25.00 fee.
- Tuition will be based on the number of lessons given per semester.
- A one-time 10% discount of the tuition each semester for each referral given or sibling enrolled.
- 10% off summer tuition.
- 10% off one lesson for every concert or music festival a student attends.
- 100% off one lesson for every student who receives the Music Excellence Award which is given each semester.
- 100% off one lesson for every student who graduates a level.
- 24 hour notice is required. No reschedules or make up lessons are given for absences without 24 hour notice. Cancellations with sufficient 24 hour notice can be rescheduled at the teacher’s discretion.
- A lesson cancelled by the teacher will either be rescheduled or credited to the student’s next lesson payment.
- Tardiness from students will run the risk of shortening the length of their lesson time. Giving extra time for make ups will be at the discretion of the teacher.
ATTENDANCE AND MAKE-UP LESSONS
- All students are expected to be prepared and attend their lessons on time, meaning, equipment should be all set up and ready, and materials ready on hand.
- Theory Group Classes are optional to sign up; however, they are mandatory for students preparing for Certificate of Merit Piano Exams. No make up for Theory Group classes would be given unless proper notice is given. This too would be at my discretion.
- In cases of illness: make ups or rescheduling would be at my discretion and can most likely be made up through online lessons.
- Parents/guardians are requested to be present for and actively observe all lessons, performing workshops, and all studio recitals, unless previous discussions has resulted in other arrangements being made. The key to a child’s musical success is parental involvement and the priority the family places on music in the home environment. However, only students are requested to be presented during the rehearsals scheduled close to the studio recitals. Parents can join our bi- annual party after students have finished the play-through rehearsals.