In P3 Piano Music Studio,
Parents are considered “Life Coaches” and are held accountable for supporting and encouraging the child’s progress both during lessons and in the time between lessons (which is when the real magic happens). Parents operating as a “Life Coach” are expected to:
- Actively participate in each lesson and class discussions.
- Provide an environment at home conducive to successful practice/playing sessions.
- Commit to a long-term relationship with piano lessons and a structured practice schedule at home.
- Ensure that all assignments are completed, and that the playlist is maintained. (It is not necessary to actively engage in every practice session; however, parents should be available to offer help and support, particularly when using the student home materials.)
- Read all studio communications for important studio-related information.
- Utilize the studio’s website to access necessary information.
- Familiarize yourself with all guidelines and studio policies.
Signing up for individual lessons grants you access to theory group classes. They offer a shared and collaborative environment where they can learn theory music reading concepts and have opportunities to to play for one another in a safe environment providing a feeling of family and community support.
Why should students benefit from Theory Group classes ?
IN A GROUP CLASS, STUDENTS LEARN IN THREE DIFFERENT WAYS:
Observatory- watching others go through the learning process
Participatory- actively processing the learning themselves and interacting with directions from the teacher; students also interact and contribute with other students through activities and interactive games
- Application -taking what they have learned and applying it in new and different ways in their music, or mentoring and teaching others
In this way, students learn faster and on a deeper level than what can be accomplished in private lessons.